Founders Olivier and David took centre stage and performed a mix of humour and magic, ending up with everyone using a playing card (ace of spades) to view the shoe – using augmented reality – on their phones. We knew this was something very special for On.
The Cloudace is the first shoe to combine both of On’s patented outsoles, with the Zero-Gravity Clouds in the heel ensuring a safe, cushioned landing while the Rebound Rubber Clouds in the forefoot produce a powerful push-off. It’s made for demanding runners who seek full comfort and support.
I was lucky enough to test this shoe at the On Dealer Summit trip in Majorca early this year and found it super soft yet really supportive; I fell in love with it straight away and didn’t want to return them when the trip was over!
We have, as we usually do, been busy seeding the shoe to various media to review over the past few months. Check out what they have to say about On’s greatest technical shoe yet. Enjoy the read!
1) Runner’s World: The Cloudace won ‘Best Runner’s Debut in their A/W2 Shoe Guide (October issue)
2) Healthy for Men: Included the shoe in their ‘Autumn must have’ kit round up (September issue)
3) 220 Triathlon: Referenced it as the best ‘Mileage Shoe’ out there (September issue)
4) Sunday Mail Scotland: Rated it as ‘Gear of the Week’ in their weekly outdoors supplement (22nd September)
5) Gadgethead: Detailed review and described it as ‘totally awesome’